The Armenian National Institute, Inc., (ANI), is a non-profit organization dedicated to the study, research, and affirmation of the Armenian Genocide. ANI is the copyright owner of the materials as they are posted on ANI's Web site (collectively "Content") and all rights are reserved. The following are only a few of the broad protections afforded by the Copyright Act to ANI:
- All the original and derivative literary works posted on ANI's Web site as part of "original works of authorship."
- All original texts, images, & graphics, to the degree of originality in Web page design.
- The collective work as a whole, which consists of a collection of separately copyrighted texts, images and other works, acquired with permission, which make up a part of the contents of ANI's Web site.
- All information from public sources due to the original manner, in which we have presented, gathered, collected, arranged, and posted them on ANI's Web site.
- All links due to the original manner in which we have gathered, presented, collected, arranged, and posted them on ANI's Web site.
Copyright is a form of protection provided by U.S. (Title 17 of the U.S. Code) and International (Uruguay Round Agreements Act) Copyright laws for ANI's Web site "Content." Failure to meet the conditions herein stated is a violation of the U.S. and International Copyright laws and is subject to statutory and other remedies. Please note that, Copyright violation could also lead to a tort action under the theory of unfair competition and misappropriation in order to protect the organizational labor, effort, and expense of putting together our Web site.
Please carefully follow the instructions outlined below to properly use the information posted on ANI's Web site. If you have any questions please write or call us for further information.
FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE:
No permission is required to use, reproduce, copy, download and print texts, pictures, maps, or any other information for your own information and use.
LINKING ANI WEB SITE ADDRESS TO YOUR WEB SITE:By linking ANI's Web site address (URL) to your Web site, you are agreeing to the following terms:
1. Your Web site is not for profit and is educational in nature;
2. The link must direct to, and only to, the following location: www.armenian-genocide.org. In other words, no Web site-within-Web site is allowed; and
3. Linking our Web site to a Web site that is contrary and repugnant to the ideals, values, and philosophy of our Web site is strictly prohibited.
Please kindly notify ANI at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have linked ANI's Web site address (URL) to your Web site and include your Web site address (URL) and a contact person.
Please understand that grant of permission for this link does not constitute an endorsement or a sponsorship of your Web site, nor does it imply that we have granted any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights to you.
"COPYING-AND-PASTING" OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON ANI'S WEB SITE TO YOUR WEB
SITE, INCLUDING THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE MAPS, TEXTS, IMAGES, PHOTOS, DESIGNS,
OR ANY PORTION OF ANY MAP, TEXTS, IMAGES, PHOTOS, DESIGNS, OR ANY OTHER
INFORMATION CONSTITUTING ANY PART OF ANI'S WEB SITE, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
(See Publishing below for further information).
If you want to publish any text, photo, map, or any portion of any text, photo, map, including graphics, designs, or images, from ANI's Web site, in a Web site or in any other digital format, in a book, magazine, journal, TV production, or in any other form of publication not herein mentioned, you must:
a. E-mail, mail, or fax an official letter of request bearing your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail, Web site address, any affiliated organization if any to ANI and state clearly the materials you will be publishing and the purpose for such publication;
b. After review and approval of your request, an authorization letter will be sent to you within 15 days after receipt of your letter. The authorization letter will include specific instructions to properly acknowledge the work you intend to use. Any use of the materials prior to receipt of the authorization letter constitutes a violation of the copyright laws.
Note: Media representatives may contact the ANI office directly instead.
Disclaimer: The Armenian National Institute, Inc. (ANI) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to the study, research, and affirmation of the Armenian Genocide. ANI's web site is primarily for informational and educational purposes and access to it is free to our web site visitors. ANI makes every reasonable effort to ensure the accuracy, reliability, completeness of the information provided to you. However, ANI is not responsible for nor can we guarantee the accuracy, reliability, and currency of the information other web sites with which ANI web site is linked.