Armenian Genocide Memorial - Tehran, Iran

   search memorials

Subject:In memory of more than one and on-half million Armenian martyrs of 1915 (view image)
Type of Memorial:Chapel/Church, Monumental Sculpture
Sponsor(s):Mrs. Heratchouhy Melikian in memory of her husband Grigor Melikian
Placement:Free standing
Physical Setting:Church courtyard
Tourist Amenities:No
Physical Condition:New
Inscription:In Farsi: "in memory of the 1915 Armenian martyrs". In Armenian: "this monument is built in memory of more than one and one-half million Armenian martyrs in 1915."
Location:Tehran, Majideyeh Iran
Location Description:St. Gregory the Illuminator Armenian Apostolic Church
Dedication Date:April 24, 2006
History of Ownership:Church and monument owned by the Prelacy of Tehran.

Click on an image for a detailed view.