|Subject:||Monument in memory of the victims of the Armenian Genocide of 1915. (view image)|
|Type of Memorial:||Inscription, Monumental Sculpture|
|Sponsor(s):||Local Armenian Community Members|
|Physical Setting:||Flat land.|
|Inscription:||THE ARMENIAN COMMUNITY IN MEMORY OF THE VICTIMS OF 1915. On April 24, 1915, the first genocide of the 20th Century began. Millions of men, women and children died helplessly, with their eyes on the Holy Cross and on their Church, while ruthless sabres tried to eradicate the race that lived in the biblical lands of Armenia. The Arch of Noah landed in Armenia. The first Christian Church was built in Armenia, as a refuge for the apostles of Christ, Saint Barholomew and Saint Judas Thaddeus. And today there is no hatred in our hearts, but love for one another. This Monument is a place for thought, where we will honour all the victims of such terrible crime, and where we will pray asking that something as awful will never happen again. We have built this Monument in this beautiful country, Venezuela, our new homeland, which received us and allowed us to recover part of everything we had lost. [Translated from Spanish].|
|Location:||Chuao, Caracas Venezuela|
|Dedication Date:||April 24, 2002|
Click on an image for a detailed view.