Monument in Santa Ana, California

   search memorials

Subject:The victims of the 1915 Armenian Genocide. (view image)
Type of Memorial:Inscription, Monumental Sculpture
Sponsor(s):American-Armenian community & the Armenian Apostolic Church of Orange County.
Placement:The 16-foot monument stands at the southwestern corner of Gugasian Hall, across from the Forty Martyrs Armenian Apostolic Church of Orange County.
Physical Setting:Courtyard, an open space between the church & the hall. Flat land.
Tourist Amenities:Yes
Map Designation:Gugasian Hall & Forty Martyrs Armenian Apostolic Church of Orange County
Physical Condition:Well preserved.
Inscription:"In remembrance of the 1.5 million genocide victims."
Location:Forty Martyrs Armenian Apostolic Church of Orange County, 5315 W. McFadden Ave.
Santa Ana, California 92704 United States
Construction Began:1993/94
Construction Completed:1995
Dedication Date:April 22, 1995
Prior Use of Site:The courtyard of the church.
History of Ownership:Owned by Forty Martyrs Armenian Apostolic Church of Orange County.
Commemorative Activities:On April 22, 1995, over 500 county residents,including a few genocide survivors, and many religious, community and public leaders, gathered in the open space between the church and the hall to commemorate the memorial.
Additional Information:"Genocide Monument Unveiled in Orange County" Armenian Reporter Int'l (April 1995)

Click on an image for a detailed view.