Monument at St. Trinity Armenian Catholic Church in Aleppo, Syria.

   search memorials

Subject:The victims of the 1915 Armenian Genocide. (view image)
Type of Memorial:Inscription, Monumental Sculpture
Sponsor(s):St. Trinity Armenian Catholic Church and Syrian-Armenian community
Placement:Freestanding abstract sculptural work with a representation of an eagle, crosses, and two water fountains. It is located on the ground in the courtyard of the St. Trinity Armenian Catholic Church.
Physical Setting:On the ground; flat land.
Tourist Amenities:Yes
Map Designation:St. Trinity Armenian Catholic Church
Physical Condition:Very well preserved.
Inscription:"Here erected monument to the Armenian martyrs on the 80th year of the Genocide – Of 24 April 1915" (Translated from Armenian).
Location:St. Trinity Armenian Catholic Church
Aleppo, Syria
Construction Began:Early 1990s
Construction Completed:1995
Dedication Date:April 1995
Prior Use of Site:Courtyard of the church.
History of Ownership:Owned by the St. Trinity Armenian Catholic Church.


Martin Keskiskian; Photo 1997 Carlos Calvo 2733/35; T.E. 943-1104C bdigo 1230; Bs. As. Rep. Argentina